Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Unconditional Love

You have given me a gift such as I never even dreamt of finding in this life ~Franz Kafka

Babies are such a wonderful gift from God, especially Ava :)! Everyday I am so excited to see what she will do next! She has just recently discovered her tongue. Never in my life had i thought about someone "discovering their tongue" but let me tell you, she has! If you watch her she will sit there and stick her tongue out and then back in over and over again forever! Haha its pretty cute. Then she puts her hands to her mouth and touches her hands with her tongue. Call me easily entertained but its pretty funny. Here's a picture:


Another new thing is that she is actually smiling at me!!! She has been smiling for awhile now but always at random times. Before, I would stick my tongue out and make goofy noises and she would give me a look like "you are humiliating yourself, I hope you know that", but yesterday she SMILED!!! YAY!!! I was so happy, I bet we sat there for 30 minutes me making goofy noises and her smiling and cooing at me.

I have loved a lot of people in my life but one thing I have learned is that the love for your child is a completely different story. I can't even begin to explain. It is unconditional!

...Anyway, I actually went running yesterday. I decided to go to the track so measuring my distance would be less of an estimate. I think this will help. That way I can see how far I am running at what time and try to beat my best distance in my 30 min time interval! The only thing you lose is scenery. What you gain, however, is that you no longer feel like people are staring at you as they drive by in their cars (maybe its just me, but i hate that). I plan to go tonight also!

We have a little "mini garden" going (told you I was becoming more domestic). We have jalapenos, tomatoes, rosemary, and sweet basil. I have started enjoying a lot of things i didnt enjoy before having a baby and getting married, this is one of them. Our "mini garden" is doing well with the exception of 1 rosemary plant. The other is right beside it, however, so I think we got a "lemon". I decided to uproot the rosemary that wasnt doing so hot and plant a flower in its place!

Well, this is a random blog if I've ever seen one. Oh well, happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment