Friday, June 12, 2009

the beginning

Katie would like for me to start.a blog. I'm not sure how long I will actually keep this up but considering I am in the car and have nothing better to do with my time, I figure I might as well for now. She claims that my life is a lot more interesting than her's. I have had a lot happen in the past year (to say the least) but I'm not sure much of what I would have to say would be considered "interesting". But oh well, I'll give it a try.

My birthday is when it really hit me. A lot HAS happened in the past year. Let's see here, I moved to olney for the summer last summer, moved back to tcu, moved back to olney a short 2 weeks later, married, moved into Will's house on avenue o, then into a house on bloodworth in olney, had a baby, oh and in the midst of all of that I changed schools (obviously).WHOO that was a mouth full!!! Needless to say, I have had a hectic year. But it has been an enjoyable one. Last year at this point, I would have looked at you like you had lost your mind if you told me this is where I would be in my life at this point. But I love it! Will and I are extremely blessed. We wouldn't be doing as well as we are without our amazing families.I am also SO unbelievably blessed to have a husband like Will. He and I work very well together. I am not sure how single moms do it. Trust me, I couldn't.

I remember becoming sort of frantic toward the end of my pregnancy. I was very concerned that I would have no idea what I was doing taking care of a baby. I hardly knew a thing about them! Everyone kept telling me, "don't worry, it comes to you" but I didn't believe them. Although I admit I had a moment that I was still frantic right after Ava was born, believe it or not it does come to you!! Just another one of those amazing God things.

Ava is growing like a weed already!! Everyday when I pick her up I can't believe how big she is getting. She just recently smiled at us for the first time!!! (pictures on facebook) That was GREAT!! Haha it made will and I both so happy and still does each time we see the pictures and her doing it again. She is also starting to enjoy all of her toys and things. She has a Baby Einstein tunnel we just set up and she can lay in there and coo forever. Also, the swing we bought she really likes. It either makes her happy and she looks around or puts her to sleep, one of the two.
Anyway, i guess that's all for now. Still riding in the car home from Austin. Hoping we don't run into any storms, apparently its pretty bad around.

No comments:

Post a Comment